[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS & Cable

  • From: "Subramanya C K" <subramanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:43:33 +0530

Dear Chai,
If I am correct, you are trying to simulate a system with cable connector on
the board feeding an external cable. In which case, it will not be proper to
define the Cable characteristics in the IBIS or EBD model of your feeder
connector. This way of defining the connectors is known as Multi-line
modeling- which has a few drawbacks such as pins of both connectors will
have to be treated as pins of a single connector, so coupling between pins
and coupling between cable and connector cannot be taken into consideration
(some times).
Depending on your simulator, you can write a topology file which defines the
interconnection between the feeder and cable. And the interconnection could
be assigned with L and C parameters along with L, C and Z parameters of the
cable.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Subramanya