[SI-LIST] Re: I need to compensate for component with too high an input capacitance.

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brimdavis@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:49:21 -0800

Brian provided a reference to T-coil peaking.  This is an old
Tektronix technology kept as a trade secret since the 1960's
While mentioned in some trade publication articles, several
books in the 1990's, including the one Brian referenced, discuss
T-coils.  I had the privilage or working with Chapter 10 author,
Carl Battjes, on the original lossy T-coil formulation (without
Rcomp) mentioned in the Hagerman paper.

A new book is available from Springer by two Slovenian authors,
Peter Staric and Erik Margan, on "Wideband Amplifiers" cover some
of the T-coil technology and extensions:

http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,4-102-22-70230149-0,00.html?changeHeader=true

A full color 84 page excerpt is available on this link, and
full color color CD comes with the book.

Another research reference showing a recent T-coil application
for ESD circuits is:

   http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~razavi/papers/Journals/G&RDec03_1.pdf

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: