[SI-LIST] Re: Hyperlynx far end crosstalk simulation issue

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lmt8885@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 08:45:08 -0400

Amanda
Most likely you are seeing reflected reverse crosstalk.  That is NEXT that
propagates back to a mismatched driver, reflects and becomes FEXT.  In my
crosstalk calculations for stripline, I always assume a 10% reflection
coefficient of NEXT from a well-matched driver, more for a poorly matched
driver, if I am doing a first cut on spacing design rules.

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Consultant - R&D
16 Stormy Brook Rd
Falmouth, ME 04105
(401) 284-1827 Business
http://www.teraspeed.com

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:55 AM, 163 <lmt8885@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for the messy code. Have no idea what happened. Resent this email...
>
> Hi experts,
>
> It's known that compared with microstrip, an added benefit of stripline
> routing is zero far-end crosstalk (FEXT) because of a uniform Er
> surrounding the signal traces. However, the Hyperlynx simulation results
> tell me otherwise.
>
> I use Hyperlynx to simulate 5 stripline parallel signals (4 aggrs +1
> victim) using point to point topology. The aggressor drivers are toggling
> simultaneously (all in phase) and the victim driver is stuck at high (let's
> say 1.2V).
>
> Theoretically the victim receiver should also stuck at high at 1.2V.
> However the Hyperlynx simulation results show that there is noise coupled
> to the victim receiver and the noise is related to the distance to the
> adjacent signals. Is my simulation wrong?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Amanda

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at: