[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice related question

  • From: Yu Liu <yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rplantsprint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:11:53 -0700

Hello, Drew,

An ideal voltage source can give/sink any current. Likewise,  voltage
across an ideal current source can be any value. So it is perfectly
valid for a paralleled Vsrc and Isrc, that Vsrc's current is zero all
the time, while voltage across Isrc equals Vsrc's. Secondly, it is not
clear what the original poster's intent. A G-element can be used to
model either a real source, or a device (e.g. a diode). To answer the
pure syntax question, it would be

gxxx 1 2 cur='sin(v(1)-v(2))'

in NSpice. I'm not sure what Spectre's syntaxt is, though. However, it
should be emphasized that controlling nodes are the same as the VCCS
nodes is perfectly legal and should NOT a problem for any simulator.

Regards,

Yu
===

List archives are viewable at: