[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice Limitations

  • From: Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:58:27 +1000

So far I have seen two types of schmitt trigger circuits in CMOS,
one having input fully resistantly isolated from its output, while the
other one would have a transient connection during switching.  I
suspect the slow down effect might be on the second type only,
in view of Parthasarathy's saying that it does not work in lower
frequency.

Rgds,
Raymond

"Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx> on 20/12/2002 09:31:30

Please respond to Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx

To:   si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Raymond Leung/sdc)

Subject:  [SI-LIST] Re: Hspice Limitations

> 2. The load capacitor on the oscillator is 15pf which
> is huge compared to the capacitor load effect the
> schmitt trigger can ever think of producing.

By "loading down" the oscillator, it could be capacitance (such as a
typo in the model that causes it to have huge capacitance) ... but it
also could be something other than capacitance.  For example, if a power
source doesn't get to the Schmitt circuit, that would make it have no
output, and might cause it to nonlinearly load down the oscillator
circuit.

Andy

List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at: