[SI-LIST] Re: How to reduce the impedance?

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <weston_beal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Fu.Gerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Fu.Gerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Si-List (E-mail" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:42:10 -0800

Greg,

based on just the information you've given, you would need to make the traces
about 70 mil wide in order to make them 55 Ohms.  This is probably impractical
for your application, so you should investigate the suggestion from Istvan to
route ground traces next to your signal traces on the same layer.

Regards,
Weston