[SI-LIST] Re: How to model a simple 50 Ohm coax with thin coating of Ag as a return path.

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: olaney@xxxxxxxxx, dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 09:10:00 -0400

Yes, it is good for the electrical and mechanical properties, but I have
found it much
harder to create an appropriate electrical model other than curve
fitting to measured
data...

Regards,
Istvan Novak
Oracle

On 4/1/2015 11:23 PM, Orin Laney wrote:

That's an advantage of copper covered steel. The increased LF attenuation
means the LF to HF attenuation slope is flatter resulting in better pulse
fidelity for wideband applications. That's a favorable tradeoff.

Orin