[SI-LIST] Re: How to model a simple 50 Ohm coax with thin coating of Ag as a return path.

  • From: "Orin Laney" <olaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:53:04 -0700

Silver is slightly less than 6% more conductive than copper, therefore
effect of coating is not large. Analyze as all copper for frequencies below
silver thickness = one skin depth and as all silver above. Take an average
in the transition region. Results will be close enough for most purposes.

Orin