[SI-LIST] How to Reasonably Correlate The SAS 12G Signal Interface?

  • From: 鄭銘賢 <leomhc718@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:18:34 +0800

Dear Experts,
The SAS 12G signals correlation issues are haunting us in recent projects.
And I would like to have some discussions with si-listers.

From my observation, there are at least two obstacles that are stopping us,
as described below:

1. The receiver end equalizers are mostly self-adaptively adjusted (for the
chip in measurement and IBIS-AMI model in simulation). This nature makes us
unable to correlate the equalization settings in measurement and
simulation. This is a restriction for an apple to apple comparison.

2. We rely on the chip's diagnostic GUI to inspect the measured signal
quality. However, the statistical manipulation on measured signals behind
the software would not be revealed because of the restriction by chip
vendors, and could not be applied in simulation environment. This brings
another correlation challenge.

Does anyone have the same problems as we encountered? Any suggestions or
discussions are welcome and really appreciated. :)

Best regards,

Leo Cheng
Signal Simulation/CESBG/Foxconn
Taiwan (R.O.C.)