[SI-LIST] How to???

  • From: Kevin Buchanan <kbbuchanan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:32:13 -0400

Hi List,

   I have been reading the messages on the List for a while.

   What I would like to know is the following.

   What would it take to simulate the effect of a 120 V, 1A, 60Hz
signal would have on adjacent digital signals.

   The details are that the AC is switched twice, the first time
applies the AC to a relay. The second time the relay applies the current
to a solenoid that may be up to 200 ft away.

   Is is possible to simulate the transients of the AC to determine
what affect if any there would be on the adjacent digital lines.

   The board has been layed out, and the AC lines are between ground plan=
es.
However, digital signal are on the same layers as the AC and in some area=
they are as close as 40-mils and in other areas they are
with in 500-mils.

   Any back ground info that may be provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Buchanan

List archives are viewable at: