[SI-LIST] Re: How accurate is HSPICE's field solver? (#2)

  • From: MikonCons@xxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:41:51 EST

Matt & Scott:

I just got to read Scott's comments on using 5 lines. Indeed I also routinely
use 5 lines to determine the line impedance loading, particularly of the
interior lines of a bus. However, unless I predict a marginal condition from
the use of two adjacent agressors on a (center trace) victim, I don't pursue
the situation any further.

On the other hand, Scott's comments on coupling in connectors should be
highlighted. Unless the connector internal pins of (for example) a
differential pair are well isolated from other adjacent signal pins by ground
plates or ground pins, the coupling is substantially higher than on the PCB.

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting
Cell: (408)821-9843

                   *** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***

List archives are viewable at: