[SI-LIST] Re: Honey, your conductors are ready!

  • From: Ivor Bowden <bowden.ivor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 06:47:08 -0800

CDs (those plastic disks with internal metalized layer
representing digital codes) make a nice little light show in
the microwave, especially with the lights turned out. I
usually put it on top of a glass of water to avoid a lot of
reflected power to the output, though I don't suppose it
makes much difference for a short duration? "Conventional
Wisdom" says don't operate microwave oven unloaded, it could
get damaged, is that so?
~Ivor

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: