[SI-LIST] Re: Highspeed MultiGig-RT connector Mounting/ Soldering issue

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ponganesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist.org si" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:45:08 -0400

Why don't you discuss this with your Tyco FAE or your pbc vendor? Soldering
is an option but time consuming and costly for volume manufacturing. As
well, if you have poor contact, you could have intermittent issues with your
board, especially as the boards age. There is a reason they have a
recommended drill size.