[SI-LIST] Re: High-Speed (coax) PCB Connector Transitions -- selection, PCB footprint, and performance

  • From: "Barnes, Heidi" <heidi.barnes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael Rodrigues" <michael.rodrigues@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:00:28 -0500

I prefer the Southwest 2.4mm since it just clamps to the PCB, can easilby be
re-adjusted if mis-aligned and is re-usable.  Also the pins are replaceable and
SMA versions are available.  The footprint is interchangeable with the
Rosenberger 09K243-40ME3 if one needs a permenant soldered connection.  Let me
know if you need the footprint I am using which is different from the Southwest
data sheet and closer to what Rosenberger has for their connector.

Molex has a lower performance clamped on verticle SMA connector that may
provide more mounting flexibility if you need it...Molex used it for a
DesignCon paper in 2006 "Practical Design and Implementation of Stripline TRL
Calibration Fixtures for 10-Gigabit Interconnect Analysis"
http://www.designcon.com/infovault/paper.asp?PAPER_ID=219  They may have made
improvements in the footprint since then.

Regards,
Heidi Barnes