[SI-LIST] High IO 1mm Pitch FPGAs Top Bottom Board Assembly

  • From: "Harjeet Randhawa" <harjeet.randhawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:21:05 +0530

HI All,

My design has a very high count (approx 20) 1mm pitch FPGAs with 1164
Ios.(part number XV2VP100)

There is reasonable amount of interconnections between a few paired
FPGAs.

So I am exploring the option that whether I can place the FPGAs on the
component side of my PCB to ease the routing effort.

Need to check the feasibility/yield issues for this assembly process?
Whether it is practical at all.

What are the known issues which need to taken care for the same?

This is a evaluation platform so a few prototypes only are required to
be assembled.

Thanking you all in advance,
With best regards,
Harjeet Singh.