[SI-LIST] Help implementing SET2DIL in Matlab

  • From: "Rybak, Michelle" <Michelle.Rybak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:53:08 +0000

Hello all,
I'm currently trying to measure differential insertion loss with SET2DIL. I've
developed my own MATLAB script and checked its accuracy by running the code on
sample SET2DIL measurements and comparing the results with SET2DIL software.

Now I'm trying to use the code for my own purposes, but am getting wild
oscillations, specifically in microstrip measurements. The SET2DIL software is
producing the same thing, leading me to believe the problem is how I'm taking
the measurement.

I'm attaching the actual measurements I've taken of microstrip data as well as
the final TDD21 after manipulation. The shape of the TDD21 plot leads me to
guess that the problem comes from the skew between q1 and q2, since the dip
from FEXT and the rising edge of q2 do not begin at the same time.

If skew IS the problem, I'm not exactly sure how to fix it. Do I try to fix it
by changing how I calibrate the TDR, or do I adjust it post-measurement in
matlab?

If skew is NOT the problem, I welcome any and all insight as to what is!

Thanks so much,
Michelle

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: