[SI-LIST] Re: [Help] How to do termination in differential signal with series termination ?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kiran Kumar Kalsani Narsaiah, TLS,Chennai" <Kirankumar.k@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:12:59 -0800

CM refers to all in-phase energy between multiple lines.  It is most
often discussed in the context of a differential pair, but applies for
any number of signals greater than one.  An unsaturated CM choke
operating within its inductive or resistive regions concentrates most of
the flux from multiple lines into a small volume, creating an impedance
mismatch that blocks reflects most of the energy so that it does not
propagate forward.

Steve.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net