[SI-LIST] Heat exchange coefficient

  • From: Doug Brooks <dbrooks9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 10:19:10 -0800

When I went through school (as a EE) I apparently slept through most
of my thermodynamics class! Finally, after 50 years, I need to know something.

Can someone estimate the thermal exchange coefficient (thermal
transfer coefficient) for the following structure for me?

FR4 substrate
3 Oz, 6 inch long trace
delta T of 100 degree C
Horizontal in still air.

Even better, can someone estimate the curve for me (i.e., at delta T
= 20, 40, 60, 80, 100?)

Thanks for any help

Doug Brooks

Check out our resources at  http://www.ultracad.com