[SI-LIST] Re: Heat Dissipation Factor

  • From: john matt <johnmattfaq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, VSelvasuganthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Suganthi,

 I am not sure, but during my studies on thermal engineering I remembered the
question ' How to find heat dissipation factor?'. For this we need to know the
heat dissipated by all components( refer datasheet theta JA,JC and the
operating voltage/current rating) on board, surrounding environmental condition
it operates, cooling method provided,  Final mounting of the board ( in rack or
individually). Also if any power dissipation injected from adjacent PCBs.

 A thermal analysis could help in getting the required results.

 Others can add more if I was wrong.

 Cheers!
 -John.
VSelvasuganthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: Dear All ,
Is there any formula to calculate Heat dissipation factor for pcb ?? , If
so let me know ASAP

Thanks and Regards
Suganthi
S.Selvasuganthi Vivek
Engineer- PCB Design
SCM Microsystems (India) Pvt. Ltd.,
Telephone : 91-44-22540020 Ext 182
eMail : vselvasuganthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow."

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: