[SI-LIST] HSTL Terminations

  • From: "Jineshwari B - CTD, Chennai." <JineshwariB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:07:37 +0530

Hello Experts,

I am using two HSTL I/O devices. One of them has internal
terminations and the other expects the terminations to be put
outside. The device which has internal terminations, gives a
separate pin for Vtt(Termination Voltage) which should be connected
to 0.75V and also mentions that the supply for this should have both
sink and source capability.

For the HSTL signals having external terminations, should the Vtt
(termination voltage) have both sink and source capability.

What should be the requirements for the Termination voltage? When should the
Termination Voltage have sink and source capability ?
Thank You

Regards,
Jineshwari.B

List archives are viewable at: