[SI-LIST] Re: HSPICE Fieldsolver vs FastHenry

  • From: "Andy Kuo" <andy1390@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jory McKinley" <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:06:27 -0800

Hi Jory,
I have compared both the loop inductance and partial inductance and
cannot have the values agree.
Here is the inductance from HSPICE fieldsolver and it is per meter

+ Lo = 3.684847e-07 2.023918e-08
+      2.023918e-08 3.684847e-07
To compare with FastHenry, I multipled the above to 25.4mm as the
length of the conductor is 25.4mm and the results are:
+ Lo = 9.3595114e-9 5.1407517e-10
+      5.1407517e-10 9.3595114e-9

Compare to FastHenry (partial inductance) below, the results are still
very far away.
Row 0: 2.99871e-008 1.61083e-008
Row 1: 1.61083e-008 2.99868e-008

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Andy

On 12/6/06, Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Andy,
> Could be that you are looking at partial inductance versus loop inductance
> which will not agree.  Can you post the results?
> -Jory
>

> Andy Kuo <andy1390@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I am trying to extract the inductance from both HSPICE fieldsolver and from
> Fasthenry on a simple 2 parallel conductors with a reference ground plane.
> However, the extracted data from HSPICE fieldsolver and FastHenry doesn't
> agree.
>
> I know the value from HSPICE is per meter value, so I have multiplied the
> value with the correct length to compare. Still, the results do not
> correlate at all.
>
> Does anyone know the difference between the two?
>
> --
> Andy Kuo

> List FAQ wiki page is located at:
> http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQ