[SI-LIST] Re: HSPICE & Common Model Interface

  • From: Ray Anderson <raymond.anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 13:30:13 -0800

I've never used the CMI (Common Model Interface), but
my impression is that the CMI facility can allow one to
define their own custom models defined in C or C++ which
can be called from within an Hspice deck. As far as defining
some arbritrary math function in C, and then accessing that
function from  Hspice to apply to a model parameter, I'm not
sure you can do that. I'm thinking that you cannot. Perhaps
someone from Synopsys can comment with a definitive answer.

Is the math of the function you are trying calculate such that
it can't be performed within the spice deck in a .param statement ?

-Ray Anderson
Staff SI Engineer
Sun Microsystems

 >Dear friends of si-list,
 >I'm a university student in electronic engineering at Politecnico di Torino
 >(Italy) and I'm doing a thesis about signal integrity.
 >I'm working with HSPICE from Avant!, version 99.2.
 >I have a question about drawing up netlist file: is it possible to write in
the >instruction statement any functions in Borland C/C++ language?

 >Example:
 >Behavorial voltage source between node 1 and 0

 >E1    1    0     VOL= ' voltage(A0,A1,A2,....) '

 >where ' voltage(.....) ' is a C/C++ function allocated in a source file.

 >I've learned any documents about CMI (Common Model Interface) as option of
 >Star-Hspice on www.synopsys.com: is CMI useful at my necessity? Or there is
 >another way to do it?

 >Thanks for all.
 >Regards.