[SI-LIST] Re: HSDD: Re: SI Position Open READ THIS!!!!

  • From: Bill Owsley <owsley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: francis.kai@xxxxxxxxx, "'John Howard'" <jhoward@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Kai, Francis" <francis.kai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:15:10 -0500

 At 07:24 PM 01/29/2002 , Kai, Francis wrote:

Dear SI gurus:
**snip**
      I hope John Howard can ask our government to get more funding in
Signal Integrity, Electronic
**snip**
Francis Kai
I hope we can keep the government out of this.
It already does enough by regulations to ensure our continued employment.

ps. I'm maybe pre-vintage since I remember when analog computers were too
sensitive to 'noise' and thus digital was invented so that 'noise' had much
less of an effect.  And then the digital 'noise' started to interfere with
the remaining analog...  And the FCC got involved.
Full circle again, and again, and again...  We back to advocating teaching
analog (basic EM) in order to understand SI and EMC, which have become
essential to digital, which was invented to overcome the issues of SI and
EMI...

What was that Asimov story about  ???

I feel really old now.
- Bill