[SI-LIST] Re: HFSS how to acceleration

  • From: "databits" <databits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dan.crain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:05:39 -0600

Extracting RLCG matrices are indeed difficult in HFSS...  However,
extraction of a SPICE model is fairly straight forward...  I am familiar
with 9.0 and above...  The major trick is to make sure that you also
have the "Fullwave SPICE" add-on...  Then setup the problem in "driven
terminal" mode.  These two items will allow you to extract a wideband
model....   That being said...  There is still are more steps to
do...(draw the geometry, assign materials, draw ports, assign
boundaries, select interpolation options, setup frequency range, other)

The good news is that you'll have both SPICE and sparams by the time
that you are done... possibly with frequency dependent loss.  The bad
news... Is that there really aren't any matrices...

As Scott said, 2d is a better choice for matrices.

gus