[SI-LIST] Re: HCSL

  • From: LIU Luping <liuluping@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tnbiggs@xxxxxxxxx, ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:46:51 +0800

Hi Tom and Ray:
   I thought The High Speed Current Steering Logic is very similar to LVPECL
,like twins,
and it's no need to spec it.

   The most detailed artile about this topic I've got yet is:
"Differential Output Terminations LVPECL, HCSL, LVDS, and CML" page5

http://www.sitime.com/support/documents/AN10009_Differential_Terminations.pdf

  Maybe contact the designer of this comapany will get some helpful information.

Best Regards,
LIU Luping
CAD/SI Engineer
Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd

   This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person
or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained
herein in any way (including, but not
limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by
persons other than the intended recipient(s)
is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

Msg: #5 in digest
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: HCSL
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:14:03 -0700
From: Ray Anderson <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tom-

As far as I was able to determine, the only place that the HCSL spec is
documented is/was in the FB-DIMM spec.
Seems strange, but I guess the JEDEC guys didn't think it warranted a
standalone document.

A number of various manufacturer's data sheets have info on HCSL voltage
swing etc., but they all seem to lead back to the FB-DIMM document.

If anyone knows of a more definitive spec I'd like to hear about it.

-Ray

Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer
Programmable Platforms Development
Silicon Technology Group
Signal Integrity and Package Development Department
Xilinx Inc.
2100 Logic Drive
San Jose, California  95124
(408) 626-6277