[SI-LIST] Re: Guard Traces

  • From: Lee Ritchey <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, doh@xxxxxxxxxx, weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:25:48 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

In the analog case cited, the isolation is for capacative coupling into low
speed, high impedance signals rather than low impedance, high speed
transmission lines.  Big difference.  Guard traces are never a good solution
for transmission lines no matter how often you "stitch" them to this thing
called "ground".  They are always resonant structures.