[SI-LIST] Re: Guard Traces

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:58:23 -0800

On 3/7/2012 10:31 AM, Aaditya Kandibanda wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I have few questions about the guard traces.
>
> 1. How do I terminate the guard traces?
With extreme prejudice.

IOW, why do you want to have "guard traces"?  At high frequency, "guard
traces" become coupled lines.  Coupled lines make terrific resonators.
> 2. While using the guard traces for differential pair, how shall I place
> them between the differential pair?

See above
> 3. How should I place the vias for guard traces?
At a finer pitch than lamba over four.
> 4. What are disadvantages of Guard traces?
See above
> Thanks and regards
> Aaditya

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: