[SI-LIST] Re: Ground stitching vias for EMI control

  • From: Todd Hubing <HUBING@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:13:51 +0000

Balaji,

That's one of the rules of thumb in my EMC Design Guidelines
Collection<http://www.learnemc.com/tutorials/guidelines.html>. It's the third
guideline in the category "Not-So-Good EMC Design Guidelines". Via stitching is
not necessarily a bad idea; however if you are designing 10 Gps boards, my
advice would be not to rely too heavily on design guidelines.

Todd