[SI-LIST] Ground problems

  • From: "Ramana Rao Rayudu" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:15:34 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

We are testing the power supply (VRM 8.5 compatible) for our processor
board.

We have a split ground - the power supply ground and the digital ground
shorted at one single point with a 0 ohm resistor. There is no signals
crossing over and I do not think there are any loops.

The voltage difference between the 2 grounds is very large. The CRO shows
a p-p of 2V when measuring between the 0 ohm resistor.

What could be the reason for this and what could the remedies.

Thanks and Regards

Ramana Rao Rayudu
Real Time Systems Group
Centre For Development Of Advanced Computing
No.1 Old Madras Road, Byappanahalli
Bangalore - 38, India
Ph 91-80-5244059

List archives are viewable at: