[SI-LIST] Generic question on HSPICE compatibility with CKT netlist....

  • From: aruna bathini <bapatla.ece@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:11:10 +0530

Hi SIE experts,
Have a question here :

 Using HSPICE for some of the simulations in SIE. I tried using the CKT
netlist(.sp netlist) and the corresponding model files(nmos, pmos and
diode) in HSPICE. Model format is .hsp format only but still in HSPICE i am
 getting an error as MODEL LEVELS of the nmos/pmos are not found like
that.....Can anyone suggest me a best way of using CKT netlist in HSPICE so
that it will converge and recognize the models of nmos/pmos from the model
format.

Problem :

EX : For an inverter itself, i am not able to see the proper outputs
eventhough HSPICE is converging , as the models of the nmos and
pmos are not used by hspice in the simulation...

Thanks in advance...

--
Thank you
Aruna