[SI-LIST] Re: Generating PRBS

  • From: Ray Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vadimh@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:49:59 -0800 (PST)

8B/10B ? Actually I was searching for a program to do that
last week and never came up with one. I needed to change a
couple bytes in the header of a Fibre Channel device for
some jitter testing on a Wavecrest analyzer. Only needed to
change 2 bytes, but they were in 8B. Was very interesting
doing the 8B/10B conversion by hand. I'm glad it was only
a couple bytes I needed to play with.

If anyone has a line on a utility to do the 8B/10B encoding
I'd be interested in finding out about it. I thought about
encoding it in matlab but didn't have the time to get it
right.

-Ray

>Thank you Ray! Do you generate 8B/10B? That's actually what I'm after.
>
>-Vadim

List archives are viewable at: