[SI-LIST] Re: General Trace Impedance

  • From: "Kedar P. Apte" <kedar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 19:09:40 +0530

Hello Ibrahim

Thanks for your reply
 operating frequency max is 66 mhz

Hi Gurus

I am designing a board in which I want 50 ohms Zo for some 60% traces
and rest of the traces 65 ohms
but I am getting the trace width difference for both the impedance calculations
which is a bit problem in that I cannot complete the board
and I cant also restrict the signals to specific layers

So if I use 60ohms and 65 ohms traces will it make much of a difference in
operation

actually 65 ohms is for CPCI which I cant change and 50 ohms is for all TTL
level logic if I make this 50 as 60 ohms what difference will it make to the
operation

Thanks in advance
With Regards,
Have A Nice Day,