[SI-LIST] Re: Fwd: Re: About the chassis gnd and logic gnd

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrbarnes@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:31:46 -0800

John, as you know it all comes down to following the current, and because
the universe laughs at us, there sometimes there are surprises.  Your moat
is somewhat akin to the design Mike describes as his common practice.  My
only caution on the ESD / EMI moat from an EMC perspective is that the I/O
signals should  cross over a drawbridge that is significantly wider than
the total width of the signal tracks running over / under it.  Space
permitting, there are additional measures that can help improve
margins.  "Just think" like the current.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:
                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl