[SI-LIST] Re: Fw: Re: Random Jitter Value varies with Data pattern

  • From: Marty Miller <martym777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:51:43 -0800 (PST)

I was under the impression that N-UI or N-period were "clock" measurements.
Arvind Kumar of Intel and I did a tutorial at Designcon in 2011 on this kind of
jitter measurement. I agree it is pertinent to "forwarded clock" applications
(e.g. QPI)
http://cdn.teledynelecroy.com/files/whitepapers/tt-ma2slides_designcon2011.pdf

I may be missing something, I'm not sure how pertinent it is to PRBS11. In
either case, the Rj of N-UI or N-period jitter does grow ... but it grows with
N, and not with the record length (i.e. record length = number of UI in the
acquired waveform capture).

Perhaps Vinod can clarify, since it would be nice to be addressing the right
question/issue :).