[SI-LIST] Re: Frequency Domain Analysis

  • From: Darshan Mehta <darshanmehta2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: straty@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:40:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Straty,

Thanks a lot for giving guidelines on this issue. I do have HyperLynx. So if we
compare HyperLynx and ADS, which one is accurate? I do not have ADS software
but I have already requested for Evaluation software. But before purchasing, I
want to know your opinion on this as you have worked on ADS a lot.

Once again thanks a lot everyone.

Best Regards,

Darshan Mehta

"Straty Argyrakis (straty)" <straty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ADS is fundamentally a Frequency Domain Solver which sets it apart from =
Time
Domain solvers like Spice, but I didn't know it was limited to Satellite
Communication products - I have used this tool for 11 years and in all
applications especially PCB and package modeling. It is my understanding =
the
fact it is a Frequency Domain solver allows accurate modeling of =
frequency
dependant components like Skin-effect, and Dielectric loss.

Straty