[SI-LIST] Re: Frequency Domain Analysis

  • From: Darshan Mehta <darshanmehta2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 05:35:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ron,

I checked the ADS software features but it seems that ADS is used for Satellite
communication related products. My board works at frequency around 150 MHz or
so. I am using DSP SHARC processor and for performance, many times we modify
our design to High speed DSP processor. I am using HyperLynx and it gives good
result if I know the frequency of Board but what if I don't know the Frequency.
Whenever I change the Processor, I have to do simulation again and it takes
nearly 7 days. Analog Devices comes up with many good Processor and every time
it's wastage of Time to do simulation again and again. You guys face such
problems and if yes, what is the solution. Thanks.

Have a nice Day.

Best Regards,

Darshan Mehta

Ron Miller <ronusoalii@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: HP ADS is the tool to use.

There are some other ones from eagle and such which origionally came from one
of the
three origional frequency domain simulation companies in the 60's Compaq, HP
and EESof.

HP bought EESof, so they have the most to offer having combined the tools into
ADS which
has the best features of all the others.

Ron Miller.

Darshan Mehta wrote:
Hi Experts, Could you please tell me if there is any way to perform Frequency
Domain Analysis with the help of HyperLynx or any other Tool. I want to submit
the Frequency response of my Board to my client but I don't see any option to
do that. Please help me on this. Thanks!  Best Regards,Darshan MehtaDesign
Engineer (R&D)ICS Limited, India        ---------------------------------Do you
Yahoo!?Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We
finish.------------------------------------------------------------------To
the Subject fieldor to administer your membership from a web page, go
to://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-listFor
help:si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'help' in the Subject fieldList FAQ
wiki page is located at:
http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Si-List_FAQList technical documents are
at:

 //www.freelists.org/archives/si-listor at our remote archives:
archives are viewable at:        http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

-- Ronald B. Miller, Microwave/SI Engineer  RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONSGigahertz
Data Div of MI Corp.              \\  //         \\  // 7180 Thornton Avenue
                     \\//           \\//Newark,  CA  94560
->JITTER<-   EYE   ->JITTER<-tel 510-793-4744,                            //\\
         //\\fax 510-742-6686                            //  \\         //
\\www.ghzdata.com                          RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONS

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org