[SI-LIST] Re: Flight time compensation

  • From: "Hargin, Bill" <bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kpsubramani@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:37:46 -0700

Hi Subramanyi:

In the HyperLynx Help system (I'm looking at HL7.7) under "Simulating
Entire Boards or Multiple Nets > Reference Information for Batch
Simulation > Flight-Time Compensation," you'll find a pretty extensive
description on this subject. (Or, just search on "Flight-Time
Compensation.")

Compensation for loading effects is accounted for in an automated
measurement (Flight Time button at the bottom of the scope in 7.7), and
in batch mode, as long as the IBIS models have all of the proper Cref,
Rref, Vref, and Vmeas parameters. (Fortunately, most models do.)

> Can I use batch simualtion to simulate bunch of addr/data lines

There's a spreadsheet output from batch simulation that includes flight
times.

Bill Hargin
High-Speed Marketing Manager
Mentor Graphics Corp.