[SI-LIST] Ferrite beads recommendation

  • From: Balaji G <bala89si@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:15:18 +0530

Hi all,
   We have a method for doing AC decoupling analysis and by that we can
recommend the number, type of capacitors based on the dynamic transient
current, PDN and VRM response. I am not sure whether we have a method for
choosing "ferrite bead", simulate & recommend it for the design. Generally,
I was simply following Chip makers application document for using ferrite
beads in the analog rail. If that is required for the design, after the
prototype, testing was done with and without ferrite bead to substantiate
its necessity in the design. I will be really happy if we can simulate
noise with and without ferrite with the help of models provided by Ferrite
manufacturer like Murata and if there is a method/tool to do the analysis.
If you ppl know any methods, tool pls let me know.

Regards,
Balaji

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: