[SI-LIST] Re: Ferrite Bricks on power Supplies

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cchalmers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:49:06 -0800

Chris

It all depends on why they are there in the first place.  If they are there
to keep the switching noise of the regulator from getting into the system,
they likely are required.  If they are there to keep noise from the system
from disturbing the regulator's feedback loop, they are required.  It is
hard to say.  Have you contacted the power supply vendor for details?

 I doubt a power supply company, in a very price competitive market, would
spend the money to put extra expensive components that take up space and add
weight for no particular reason.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
Device Modeling Division