[SI-LIST] Re: Ferrite Beads

  • From: Tim Smith <tgsmith81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:58:07 +1100

On 12/6/2015 8:07 PM, Lee Ritchey wrote:

Why would one deliberately degrade a signal that way?
I have inherited this design; however I imagine that it was done in an
attempt to slow the edges of the clock signal in an effort to reduce the
higher frequency components.
I recall one of your seminars Lee where you recommend to keep edges slow.
If the clock signal is to be used by a PLL internal to the MCU, is not the
best signal to deliver a sine wave?

Whilst I appreciate the intention of the previous designer, I don't believe
using a potentially resonant circuit is the correct way to go about it.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Kevin G. Rhoads <krhoads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 12/6/2015 8:07 PM, Lee Ritchey wrote:
Why would one deliberately degrade a signal that way?

It was stated several posts back that it was intended to control the
edge rise time by that ...

List forum is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: