[SI-LIST] Re: Fan-out in TTL and CMOS

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, kfrobinson@xxxxxxxxxx, venubabu@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:02:47 -0800

Well,

This has been an interesting thread.  Sorry to be slow with this.  Been on
the road.  As many have pointed out, there are still ECL type interfaces
being included on large parts.  I stand corrected.

Perhaps it would have been better to say that as a main stream logic family
it is dead.  Sure, there are CMOS equivalents of both TTL and ECL.

How's this.  ECL isn't dead.  The body is prone and if you put a
stethoscope on the carotid artery, you can still detect a pulse!

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just used the energy it took to be angry to write some blues.
Count Basie

<venubabu@xxxxxxxxx>; <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2/4/2005 6:16:45 PM
> Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Fan-out in TTL and CMOS
>
> Lee
>
> In the past year or so I've done models for companies like ON, Atmel,
> Micrel, Zarlink, Maxim, etc. that all used ECL/PECL interfaces.  Many of
> these models were for newly introduced partnumbers.  These parts are
getting
> designed into new designs.  Some of these components even use CMOS
> technology to make outputs that interface with ECL/PECL levels.
>
> Tom Dagostino
> Teraspeed Labs
> 13610 SW Harness Lane
> Beaverton, OR 97008
> 503-430-1065
> http://www.teraspeed.com
> tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
> 121 North River Drive
> Narragansett, RI 02882
> 401-284-1827
>
> Teraspeed is the registered service mark of
> Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

CMOS