[SI-LIST] Re: Failed Tantalum capacitors - package hermeticity compromised

  • From: "Curt McNamara" <curt.mcnamara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:29:13 -0600

Another factor is in-rush current. If the voltage does not rise slowly but is
connected
to a supply which is already active, the voltage rise time can be very fast,
and the in-rush current
enough to damage the parts. I have several examples of this here.

                                        Curt

Curt McNamara, P.E. // principal electrical engineer
Logic Product Development
411 Washington Ave. N. Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401
T // 612.436.5178
F // 612.672.9489
www.logicpd.com
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.