[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Upcoming Training Reminder

  • From: Raymond Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:06:20 -0800

Ken Cantrell wrote:

>Abdulrahman,
>I agree with Steve.  NO pitches, just exchange of technical data.
>Ken

Just one more amplifying comment from the list management and then we can
retire the thread.

As Steve and Ken have commented, self-serving commercial advertisments for
products or services are generally discouraged on si-list. (Whether the
vendor posts the message himself or gets someone else to do it for him...)
The announcement of a free seminar or conference related to SI issues
is acceptable. The announcement of a commercial for-profit class is
not acceptable use.

A good portion of the recent technical discussions have had important
contributions made by learned experts in the field who make their living
either by employment with SI software/hardware vendors or who are
independent consultants in the field. Speaking for the list readership,
their contributions are valuable and respected. Especially appreciated
are the technical contributions they make to the discussions without
any explicit expectation of commercial gain.

The majority of the list members who are employed by vendors in the SI
industry abide by the list rules. When someone chooses to ignore the
prohibition and go ahead and post anyway it puts the law abiders at a
competitive disadvantage.

The majority of the list subscribers have joined si-list to take
advantage of
participating in or monitoring some very informative and cutting edge
technical discussions. Please help maintain our high 'signal to noise ratio'
on the list by refraining from commercial advertising activities.

Enough said.

Ray Anderson (si-list admin)

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org