[SI-LIST] FW: TLM: Laplace and discrete difference equations - Thanks for the responses.

  • From: "Richard Georgerian" <richardg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:35:35 -0600

Greetings All,

Thank-you to all who have responded to my query on, TLM: Laplace and discrete
difference equations.

There have been some recommended books that I'll be getting to further my
understanding of TLM.

The following are the books that I have read so far regarding modeling. They
include
FDTD. I don't pretend to understood all that they are writing about on the first
reading. I usually have to read them a few times and work out the sample
problems
before understanding the fundamentals.

        Lawrence N. Dworsky,
        Modern Transmission Line Theory and Application
        ISBN 0894642766 and 9780894642760
        See Chapter 9.

        Allen Taflove
        Computational Electrodynamicis: The Finite-Difference Time Domain Method
        ISBN 1580538320

        Dennis M. Sullivan,
        Electromagnetic Simulation Using the FDTD Method
        ISBN 0780347471

        Kenneth D. Granzow
        Digital Transmission Lines: Computer Modelling and Analysis
        ISBN 019511292X

I would like to mention are those books that include either C, C++ or Fortran to
further explain how the formulas are being used. Just reading about formulas
does
almost nothing to my understanding of what is going on. But working the computer
programs, really brings everything more into the light.

Many thanks.

Richard
EMC2007 Arrangements
2007 PSES Symposium Chair
2007 PSES Web site: http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/symposium/
2007 PSES Symposium date: 22-23 October 2007

===== Richard Georgerian Compliance Engineer NewsFlex Ltd.
"...turning the world one page at a time..."
Web site: http://newsflex.net
email: richardg@xxxxxxxx
=====

List technical documents are available at: