[SI-LIST] Re: FW: TDR S-parameter and correlation

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhenggang.cheng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:04:20 -0700

Zhenggang, no a TDR/TDT does not specifically reveal topology, it
reveals behavior as seen by a signal traversing a channel. This isn't a
problem per-se as we are interesting in designing channels with specific
behaviors.  A TDR/TDT tells us how we are doing against our goals and
where along the path we have any issues.

Steve.
ZHENGGANG CHENG wrote:
>> Vladimir,
>>

> Thanks for your detailed explanations.
>
> I still have a question, since many topologyies can produce the same
> S-parameters, the real TDR of these equivalent circuits with different
> topologies would still be the same?  TDR can see the characteristic
> impedance discontinuities inside the circuits in terms of delay/flight time.
> I thought the different topologies would give different TDR restults.
>
> ZG

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: