[SI-LIST] FW: Re: SMA cable for TDR

  • From: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:12:46 -0700

From: r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: [SI-LIST] Re: SMA cable for TDR
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:41:02 -0700

Perry.

Check out Tensolite Accuphase. It works to 40ghz last I heard. They make cables
for testing products with 35ps TDR test equipment.  We did a test box for 65
channel cable product and used this cable in the test unit and it did a fine
job up to 35ps.

Tensolite is now Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.  They make probes and
cables for Tektronix, Agilent and Boeing so its good quality stuff.

http://www.tensolite.com/v2/index.asp

Good luck

Richard Jungert

> Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: SMA cable for TDR
> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:16:16 -0500
> From: Perry.Qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx; zabinski.patrick@xxxxxxxx; Mark.Randol@xxxxxxxxxx;
> Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx
> CC: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks everyone for the suggestions on/off list. I had quite a few leads
> to pursue.
>
> I'm not looking for super high bandwidth cable, but it needs to be
> better than the cheap blue semi-rigid cable I'm using now. It's a pain
> to try to find some matching cables (I have seen some terrible mismatch
> in delay and attenuation  even though they all measured 3 feet). I'm
> also concerned about bend radius and the impact on measurement
> consistency.
>
> Steve/Chris: I did search for Gore cable on Ebay and there are some nice
> cables out there, just did not find anything that suit my needs. :)
>
> Pat: agree that good quality cable is important together with good
> calibration practice for model extraction purpose. I have seen the
> impact of these factors on my measurement results.
>
> Mark: thanks for the 3.5mm suggestions. That's also recommended by Gore
> engineer.
>
> Regards
>
> Perry
>
> =======================================
>
> Perry Qu
>
> Design & Qualification, Alcatel-Lucent Canada Inc.
>
> 600 March Road, Ottawa ON, K2K 2E6, Canada
>
> DID: 613-7846720  Fax: 613-5993642
>
> Email: perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading
now

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: