[SI-LIST] FW: Re: How to connect Chassis ground to DGND

  • From: "Dr. Howard Johnson" <howie03@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:21:16 -0800

Dear Chris,

I tend to agree with Steve, that if you are going to connect
your chassis and digital grounds, don't do it "partway".
Since you have decided to connect chassis and digital ground
with a zero-ohm resistor, I see no reason why you shouldn't
just make the chassis ground the same as digital ground
everywhere.  I assume there is a GOOD connection between the
chassis ground plane in the board and the actual chassis
(like an exposed region of the chassis plane that is bolted
across a broad area to the chassis, or something similar).

I'm going on a trip this afternoon and so unfortunately
can't reply further.

Best regards,
Dr. Howard Johnson, Signal Consulting Inc.,
tel +1 509-997-0505,  howie03@xxxxxxxxxx
http:\\sigcon.com  -- High-Speed Digital Design seminars,
books, and articles