[SI-LIST] FW: Re: FW: IBIS modelling in PSpice

  • From: "Chris Schmolze" <schmolze@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:16:35 -0600

=20
Arpad,

You are correct this approach falls short of capturing the interaction
between the tables. Useful in some cases but, less than ideal. I have
seen the case where the interaction between the curves was known and the
tables were input into an polynomial statement which contained the
equation that defined that interaction.

I should also mention that the IBIS-to-PSpice translator considers v-i
and not v-t curves so there is a shortcoming to that approach also.
Perhaps there are other translators that do. In summary, an equivalent
to the HSPICE B-element does not exist in PSpice. Off subject.. though
it does in PSpice's big brother SPECTRE.

R- Chris