[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Need help on stability analysis

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 03:23:03 -0800

Abinaya:

The SI-List does not support attachments.  For general analog theory
questions there are probably better forums.

The gain never crossing 0dB, and the phase never crossing 180 degrees
suggests you have not swept a wide enough frequency range in your
simulations.  All amplifiers have finite gain bandwidth products.  And
all amplifiers develop increasing phase shift at high enough frequencies.

There are other stability criteria than just gain and phase margins such
as root locus methods.  Any text on feedback and control systems should
provide you the help that you need.

Steve.

On 1/3/2014 3:09 AM, Abinaya Ramesh wrote:
> Hi,
> I have got few doubts while doing the stability analysis using bode plot.
> Below is the bode plot which I got from simulation tool.
>
> [cid:image003.jpg@01CF08A2.59A78A30]
>
> In the above bode plot, Gain is not crossing the zero values and phase is not
> crossing -180 degrees.
>
> How to find the phase margin if gain is not crossing the zero? In the same
> way , how to find the gain margin if phase is not crossing the -180 degrees?
> Could you please guide me in determining whether the system is stable or not?
>
> Thanks,
> Abinaya R
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on
> the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
> consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
> delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2013 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: