[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Inductance of wire section

  • From: "Ken Cantrell" <Ken.Cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "McCoy, Bart O." <McCoy.Bart@xxxxxxxx>,<Ken.Cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:34:30 -0600

Your right, of course, given that you know the answer(0.86)is in nH.
Grover's original formula statement, pg. 35, eq 7, was for an answer in uH,
thus the .002 multiplier.

u = 4*pi*10^-7 Wb/A-m = 4*pi*10^-9 Wb/A-cm.

u/(2*pi)= 2*10^-9 Wb/A-cm(answer in nH/cm).

or if you are non-metric:

u_in/(2*pi)= 5.08*10^-9 Wb/A-in